Central IT Services provide staff and faculty across the state with a single point of contact for issues regarding software training and support for learning technologies. Whether in the classroom or out, the staff provides expertise in utilizing technology for learning and teaching.
- General Training – small group training is available on Microsoft Office software for both the Mac & PC. Help your staff work more efficiently with Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint!
- Consulting Services – With software like the Qualtrics Survey Tool and Microsoft SharePoint the ITS team is available to assist end users with determining the best software for projects and how to use the design features of the software to best meet the end users' needs.
- Training & Support for Desire2Learn – Desire2Learn is a course management system that provides you and your students a one-stop shop for course delivery and learning.
- A Blended Learning Faculty Development Program – For campuses and faculty who are looking to offer an alternative delivery mode, especially to serve adult students, we offer a quality faculty development program. This program will help prepare faculty to design and deliver an effective blended course.
- Google Apps Access & Support – Wikis and other Web 2.0 tools are available through Google Apps on our own UW Colleges instance. The use of this tool provides students and faculty with a collaborative space for learning opportunities. It is also integrated with Desire2Learn.
- Blackboard Collaborate (online rooms) – For faculty who are in need of more interactive synchronous online office hours or study sessions, Online Rooms will meet those needs. This tool also provides a collaborative space for tutoring and studying.
- Library Course Pages – Each faculty member has a unique course page each semester that can be used to provide students with a one-stop shop for e-reserves, CourseCasts, databases, and more. This is available automatically in every D2L course. Contact your librarian to set up your pages.
- Faculty Evaluation Tools – Setup, installation and administration of a faculty evaluation tool. Currently utilizing Scantron’s Class Climate application. Fast accurate reports on student feedback can be gathered through online or paper forms.
- ARTstor Digital Library – A very large repository of many types of art are available to UW Colleges faculty for use in academic courses. Slideshows can be created and made available to students for study. ARTstor has a very large collection and is growing each month. UW Colleges is a Charter Member of ARTstor.