To add a Skype contact on Lync (Skype for Business), or vice versa, follow this link. The document will give you full instructions on adding and communicating with contacts on Skype and Skype for Business.
Choose an FAQ
The Most Frequently Asked Questions
If you're still having problems with any part of Office 365, there are several resources available to you.
- Search for documentation on your problem on Microsoft's help site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/?CTT=97.
- Contact your local Help Desk or Network Administrator.
- Contact the CITS Service Center at (888) 893-9892 or (608) 262-5034.
Shortly before the start of the fall 2013 semester, several web browser makers released new versions of their web browsers, new versions that deliberately established new and more restrictive rules for links, embedded items, and other web content. As a result, web browsers now decline to open or load web content that worked in the past.
What is being blocked is called Mixed Content. This is content that is non-secure web content on a secure web page. Things like links, scripts, external style sheets and eventually images, embedded audio and video.
This is being done to provide a safe and secure environment. It is a known issue for us with FIreFox in D2L.
The best way for us to address this is to share a nicely done tutorial from Millersville University. https://wiki.millersville.edu/display/d2ldocs/understanding+mixed+content#Understandingmixedcontent-Asaninstructorinoneormorecourses%2ChowmayIfixmycontent%3F
One key point is that in IE we tend to not see any issues and in most other browsers there is a “Shield” that can be clicked on to allow the content to be viewed. Safari does not block mixed content.
For more information, check out the info from Millersville University. (Special thanks to them for their work on this tutorial.)
[MakeUseOf Explains] Click the link below to view a document which describes the browser cache, and how to clear it.
Devices running Windows 8 or Windows 10 include a built-in antivirus product, Windows Defender. If you are using an older version of Windows Microsoft provides a free antivirus product, Windows Security Essentials, which can be downloaded from their website.
Remote Email Access
UW Colleges and UW-Extension faculty and staff can access their campus Email via Office 365 from any computer with an active Internet connection. To log into your campus Email account, open the web page cits.uwex.uwc.edu/email. When the page opens, click the Office 365 button. When prompted, enter your complete Email address as your User name (e.g., email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) and your password.
For information about Office 365 web browser compatibility, review the Office 365 section of CITS public KB document: kb.uwex.uwc.edu/page.php?id=42468.
Remote access to your files and folders stored on the UW Colleges and UW-Extension network
- Remote access to your files and folders on your personal network folder (aka: Home drive, Z:\drive)
- Clientless VPN through a web browser - https://kb.uwex.uwc.edu/page.php?id=40335
- Remote access to your files on a shared network folder (e.g., work group folder or department folder)
- Remote access to your files and folders stored on the local hard drive of the computer in your office
- Prior authorization and desktop configuration is required for this version of remote access.
- Determining the Asset Tag Name (computer name) of your work computer - https://kb.uwex.uwc.edu/page.php?id=40470
- Accessing your work desktop remotely via clientless VPN - https://kb.uwex.uwc.edu/page.php?id=40335
- Related Knowledge Base documents
- Installing the VPN Client-Windows 7 - https://kb.uwex.uwc.edu/page.php?id=39287
- Installing the VPN Client-Mac OS X - https://kb.uwex.uwc.edu/page.php?id=40465
- Add VPN to compatibility mode site in Internet Explorer 10 or later - https://kb.uwex.uwc.edu/page.php?id=39376
- Add VPN to Internet Explorer trusted sites - https://kb.uwex.uwc.edu/page.php?id=39283
- Add VPN to Firefox allowed site for-Mac OS X - https://kb.uwex.uwc.edu/page.php?id=40468
- Web Browsers NOT supported for VPN on Mac Computers - https://kb.uwex.uwc.edu/page.php?id=40477
If you have a problem or question please contact the UW Colleges & UW-Extension, Central IT - Services Center.
Toll Free: 888-893-9892
Published: June 11, 2012 by DoIT
It's your identity, and you can keep it safe. Learn how to avoid identity theft, recognize that it has occurred, and recover if your identity is stolen. Click on title.