Central IT is the foundational support unit for enterprise systems and services for the University of Wisconsin Colleges and the University of Wisconsin-Extension. We are responsible for institutional security and provide strategic oversight, planning and direction to support the needs of our customers. Primarily located in Madison, we also have team members supporting customers around the state.
Our Service Center offers a single point of contact, providing friendly and effective technical support to students and employees.
Central IT recognizes the important role technology plays in higher education and outreach. By maintaining strong customer relationships, Central IT is able to deliver value added services and support to UW Colleges and UW-Extension.
Chief Information Officer
Werner leads the organization with a mix of private and public sector IT leadership experience as well as practical IT experience in nearly all facets of IT Business Management and Operations. He earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee and a Professional Certificate in Advanced Management and Leadership from UW-Madison. Throughout his career, Werner has managed teams ranging in size from three to 200 staff members with budgets of $4MM to $130MM.
Regardless of the size of his organization's staff or budget, Werner has found the following practices essential:
- Understanding that IT provides a service and that customers/users must be earned every day
- Understanding customer/user expectations and needs so they can be met
- Communicating often, both internally and externally
- Building a trusting relationship with stakeholders
- Doing the "right" thing even if it is more difficult
- Being honest, having patience, listening, listening some more, and not making assumptions
These are the bedrocks of great customer service and practices Werner strives to follow and instill in his team every day.