Desire2Learn (D2L) is the UW College’s learning management system. It is available for use for all courses in PRISM and for continuing education credit courses.
- Faculty can request a course or courses by using the Course Request Form found at: https://insttech.uwc.edu/d2lcourserequest.aspx
- Desire2Learn is at https://d2l.uwc.edu . Select “UW Colleges Login”, enter your network login credentials to log into Desire2Learn
Join the Desire2Learn Community Site to network with Desire2Learn users around the world: https://community.desire2learn.com/index.asp This site has training materials, discussion forums, news about upcoming versions of Desire2Learn, information about upcoming conferences, and more. This site is a great online resource for “Everything D2L.”
What's New in Desire2Learn Version 10.1?
On January 8, 2014 beginning aroung 10:00 pm, until around 10:00 am on January 9, 2014 Desire2Learn will be unavailable due to an upgrade to Version 10.1. All UW System campuses will be upgrading to Desire2Learn Version 10.1. If you are teaching a Winterim course, please plan accordingly.
What this means for Desire2Learn users is a new Content interface using drag and drop features, as well as a slightly new look in Discussions. A newly designed theme for UW Colleges and UW Colleges Online, and a new login page will also be put in place in January. You will love the new look!
As materials become available they will be posted here for you to learn more about Version 10.1.
Desire2Learn Version 10.1 Videos
Web training archive - DUe to the poor quality of this video we have removed this video from the web and provided the two videos below. We think you will find them to be much more useful and easy to follow.
Video of New Content Tool in Version 10.1 - Video Link
Video of New User Progress Tool in Version 10.1 - Video Link
Desire2Learn Version 10.1 Documentation
Note that in some cases documentation will refer to tools in Desire2Learn that UW Colleges or UW Colleges Online do not have available.
Introduction to the new Media Management System in Desire2Learn, Media@UWC
Inserting Stuff into D2L News, Content and Discussions- How to: Video
- Adding New Media using Insert Stuff Documentation
2013 Technology Infusion Boot Camp Videos & a Lonely MP3 File
These files take time to load, especially the first one covering Common Threads. Also, Chrome does not seem to want to play the files. We are working on this issue and once resolved will post the solution.
- Overview of Desire2Learn Common Threads Woven Throughout the CMS
- Building Courses, Saving Clicks – The Course Builder
- Discussions and Groups – Making the connections, threading the groups together
- Rubrics – hear and there and everywhere in Desire2Learn
- Gradebook – Designing for efficiency and accuracy
- Quizzing – Ins and outs of importing, creating and administering quizzes
- Rubrics Deep Dive
- Tablets & Smart Phones in the Classroom - Podcast
- Desire2Learn Audio & Video Tools
- Gradebook Deep Dive
- Web 2.0 Tools
- Discussions Deep Dive
- Discussions & Rubrics Deep Dive
- Qualtrics Survey Tool
Version 10.0 -10.3
- Getting Started with Desire2Learn (Companion Video in video section below)
- Classlist Email Basics
- Copy Course Components
- Desire2Learn for Instructors (Screenshots of different tools)
- Desire2Learn for Students (Screenshots of different tools)
- Desire2Learn Quiz Question Import Tool
- Discussion Basics
- Dropbox Basics
- Gradebook Basics
- Update to V10.0 Course Homepage and Navigation Bars
- Rubrics FAQ
- Creating Personal Discussion Areas
- Managing Multi-Section Course Sites
- Creating Grade Schemes
- Exporting Grades from Desire2Learn to PRISM
- How Students Access Past Submission Views
- How to Add Films On Demand Videos to Desire2Learn
- Desire2Learn Binder App for the iPad